Our goal is the conservation and improvement of the environment by managing the environmental impact of our activities, products and services.
We achieve this by:
- Identification of the significant environmental impacts of our activities;
- Development of suitable objectives, targets and management programmes, applying the appropriate operational procedures to minimise our significant environmental impacts during normal, abnormal and emergency conditions;
- Complying with the relevant legislation, regulation and other requirements relating to our significant environmental impacts;
- Preventing pollution, minimising our inputs of utilities and resources and the outputs of emissions, effluents to waters/sewers and wastes to disposal facilities and re-use, recovery or recycling of materials where practicable, or safe disposal where not;
- Taking account of the principles of sustainable development in conducting administrative, commercial and social activities, using procurement of materials from local, sustainable sources;
- Defining and communicating environmental responsibilities at all levels within our organisation through provision of appropriate training;
- Ensuring our suppliers and contractors understand the Company Policy and assist then in developing appropriate systems and a responsible approach with regard to environmental issues;
- Communicating, cooperating and responding to the view of interested parties, including stakeholders, customers and the general public on environmental issues where practicable and likely to result in an overall improved environmental performance;
- To strive for continual improvement in the overall environmental performance.